"Be the Change you Wish to see in the World"
--Gandhi

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

further discussion about possible topics for argument essay

  • I just recently got into the buying "Made in China" debate because my mom started to make an effort to not buy made in china merchandise. When I asked her why, she said it was because of the way these products are made. China uses inhumane treatment and labor of people to make products and it also kills animals (i.e. rat poisoning). I'd like to try and persuade my audience that while it would be hard to protest "made in china" stuff because a lot of merchandise sold in stores is from China, it is possible and necesary to make the effort because of the cruel way China makes these products.
  • I've always been interested in the crisis in Darfur with more than 2 million being killed due to this (essentially) civil war. I think that America needs to be more involved with giving food to the survivors, refugees, and other things such as allocating those who have fled with their family or with their hometown.

No comments: