"Be the Change you Wish to see in the World"
--Gandhi

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

project proposal

For this paper, I will be analyzing the effect of cochlear implants for the Deaf Community. Cochlear implants are devices that can be placed on the head attached to a mic for Deaf children and sometimes, even for adults. The supporting points I would like to focus on are the cost of cochlear implants, the effectiveness of the device, and the people in this community's feelings about them. With these supporting points, I can conclude on if they are beneficial or harmful to the Deaf Community. I would need to provide background on what cochlear implants do and how they work for my paper and it should be presented formally. For this, I will need to add facts or research from scholarly articles about cochlear implants and possibly interviews from people of the Deaf Community on how they feel about them.

No comments: