"Be the Change you Wish to see in the World"
--Gandhi

Thursday, March 13, 2008

reaction to Hillary Clinton speech

"I want to be judged on my own merits. I don't want to be advantaged or disadvantaged. I'm very proud of my husband's administration. I think that there were a lot of good things that happened and those good things really changed people's lives....And, you know, it did take a Clinton to clean after the first Bush, and I think it might take another one to clean up after the second Bush."

My reaction:
Questions:
1. What is your initial response to this?
I think it is too cocky and not very thought out.
2. Why do you react the way you do? Is it an intellectual reaction or an emotional reaction?
It's an emotional reaction since I support Obama.
3. How does this text work? What are its components? How is it organized?
It is modeled as a response. It's components are her counterarguments to the question.
4. What does the author/creator want the audience to believe, feel, or do?
The author wants the audience to believe in them and trust in them through comparing herself to her husband and his work.
5. What would you say its thesis is?
I can save the country like my husband did during his Presidency.
6. What genre does it fit into? Or does if defy genre labeling? In what ways?
?
7. How do you know what you know about this object?
I watched the democratic debate when it was first said.

My friend, Melanie's reaction:
1. What is your initial response to this?
it's a valid point but not very credible.
2. Why do you react the way you do? Is it an intellectual reaction or an emotional reaction?
a logical and intellectual reaction since I am not bias on the candidates. She has a good point but it is not based on anything but what her husband has done, not her.
3. How does this text work? What are its components? How is it organized?
It's a response. It's organized by counterarguments.
4. What does the author/creator want the audience to believe, feel, or do?
they want the audience to feel that she will be as good as Bill if voted for.
5. What would you say its thesis is?
My presidency will be successful like Bill's was.
6. What genre does it fit into? Or does if defy genre labeling? In what ways?
it defies it?
7. How do you know what you know about this object?
from the news

No comments: